Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

WLS Top 40 for January 27, 1967: The Blizzard of '67

Courtesy of Rusty Evans.

These were the songs playing on the radio when we got all that snow that my brother Bob had to clear off all by himself. (See my Cooter's History Thing Blog.)

I'll list the Top Twenty.

1. I'M A BELIEVER/STEPPIN' STONE-- Monkees
2. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH-- New Colony Six (Chicago's Own)
2. GEORGY GIRL-- Seekers
4. SNOOPY VS. THE RED BARON-- Royal Guardsmen
5. PUSHIN' TOO HARD-- Seeds

6. YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHIN' YET-- Blues Magoos
7. KIND OF A DRAG-- Buckinghams (Chicago'sOwn)
8. WORDS OF LOVE/DANCING IN THE STREET--
9. I HAD TOO MUCH TO DREAM-- Electric Prunes (Did I dream we got a lot of snow?)
10. 98.6-- Keith

11. RUBY TUESDAY-- Rolling Stones
12. GIMME SOME LOVIN'-- Spencer Davis Group
13. STANDING IN THE SHADOWS OF LOVE-- Four Tops
14. NOW WINTER'S DAY-- Tommy Roe (Definitely an appropriate song.)
15. TELL IT LIKE IT IS-- Aaron Neville

16. WHERE WILL THE WORDS COME FROM-- Gary Lewis & Playboys
17. GIRL WATCHER'S THEME-- Bob Crewe Generation
18. KNIGHT IN RUSTY ARMOR-- Peter and Gordon Tom Jones
19. GREEN GREEN GRASS OF HOME--
20. COLOR MY WORLD-- Petula Clark

Who Knows, I Might Have Been Recording Some of Thes on My Trusty Grundig Reel-to-Reel Recorder. --RoadDog

No comments: