Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

And a Happy St. Paddy's To Ya

We will be going over to Lake Villa, Illinois, for their annual St. Patrick's Day parade. This will be their 16th one. Afterwards, there is a band and food at the VFW.

Then later tonight, it's Donovan's Reef in Twin lakes, Wisconsin, for corned beef and cabbage and plenty of green beer and a LTJ (Lap Top Jockey).

This will be the first time in 14 years that I will not be deejaying at George's Cedar Inn on Main Street for the parade. This is where the idea for the parade began all those years ago, when George and another guy decided folks should not have to go to Chicago for a St. Patrick's parade. Why not have one closer to home.

George hired me the second year they had it and I'd been there every year since. I'd be there today, except George, who is in his 70s, sold the place. I was still deejaying there the last two years even though I had already retired from deejaying. The deal was that as long as George had the place, I'd deejay this party. I didn't even charge him the last two years.

Oh Well, Things End. Things Begin. --RoadDog

No comments: