Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Patrick's Day-- Part 1

How to enjoy a St. Paddy's Day.

First, I listened to Wendy Rice do her Saturday Morning Flashback Show on WXRT in Chicago to 1967, a mighty fine year for me back in my high school days of yore. I'll be listing the songs she played this week if my mother's laptop in NC works.

Then, it was off to Pearle's to drop off out taxes on our way over to Lake Villa, Illinois, for their annual St. Patrick's Day Parade. Much bigger crowd than usual because of temps in the upper 70s and sun. Absolutely beautiful.

Met the real Irish folk, Kevin and Kelly in front of Gallati's, the old George's Cedar Inn where I deejayed after the parade for 15 years. This officially ends my deejay career as it is where I deejayed the last two times in 2010 and 2011. George sold it last spring.

Gallati's really fixed the place up as it was in bad shape and were selling beer to watch the parade with and doing a bang up business. The parade was extra long with primaries and voting coming up Tuesday. If I see another politician or hear another ad, it will be TOO SOON.

Kind of sad after seeing Milwaukee's one last Saturday. Not much to it. Just ONE bagpiper and only one small group of bouncing hairs. One neat float had someone's real wedding reception. Now, that was truly unique.

Getting Our Irish On. --RoadDog

No comments: