Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ten At 1983

This past Tuesday, Bob Stroud went back to 1983 on his Ten At Ten show on WDRV, Chicago's Drive.

This was a big year for me and I did a whole lot of listening as my deejay business was really taking off.  I had spent 1982 deejaying at places that had their own equipment and learning the trade.  I now had my own equipment and was getting paid a whole lot more.

Here are the songs he played:

TWILIGHT ZONE--  Golden Earring
MODERN LOVE--  David Bowie
SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY--  U2
I WANT A NEW DRUG--  Huey Lewis & the News-- Was that RnR or what?
BANG THE DRUM ALL DAY--  Todd Rundgren--  One of the all-time great party starters.  Jonathan Brandmeier sure played it a lot on WLUP.

FOOLIN'--  Def Leppard
ON THE DARK SIDE--  John Cafferty & the Beaver Brown Band--  From the movie "Eddie and the Cruisers"
BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE--  Talking Heads
TENDER IS THE NIGHT--  Jackson Browne
GIMME ALL YOUR LOVIN'--  ZZ Top-- The only one without a beard was named Beard.

A Great Year.  --RoadDog

No comments: