Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, January 10, 2014

Survived the Vortex

A big sigh of relief around here in northeastern Illinois as we finally got over 0 degrees on Wednesday. It got to 2 degrees and I overheard one gal in Thornton's in Fox Lake say it really seemed warm. I didn't venture out of the house from Sunday afternoon to Wednesday morning when I had to take the garbage out (usually picked up on Tuesday mornibngs, but the cold, you know). //// The whole time it was so cold, we were inundated with commercial featuring George Clooney talking about the wonders of winter and snow in Michigan. I's sure like to punch old George in the snoot. Mighty bad timing. //// Yesterday, I was able to get the truck started after I cleared about six inches of snow off it (it had been outside the whole time). It made a horrific noise initially, though. //// I also tried to snowblow some of the drifted stuff George likes so much, but it was too frozen. Today, we are supposed to break freezing for only about the third-fourth time since this crummy winter arrived Dec. 8th., but we do have something called an "ice fog" until noon. //// Above Freezing? Must Be Summer? --RoadDog

No comments: