Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Fun Times Here on the Frozen Tundra-- Part 2: Eyeball Freezin' Weather

Thawing out now after just taking the garbage out to the end of the driveway. And the birds had finished off the feeder, so had to refill that as well. That involved a trip through three-foot snow drifts on the east side of the house. Hope they appreciate it, but I did hear some fuss tweeting complaining that I hadn't filled it in a timely manner and fashion. //// While in the back of the house filling the feeder, my neighbor Steve came running out his backdoor holding his dog Allie in the air. He said that Allie would not go out on her own in this cold and was just about to go in the house when he grabbed her. Unfortunately for him, he was wearing his shorts, so there he stood waiting for the dog to go in short pants. Now, he had to be quite cold. //// Hey, I was wearing two pairs of gloves and several layers of clothes and an exrtra heavy coat. And, I was still cold. //// Temperature outside this morning when I logged on was a crisp -14.5 degees in nearby McHenry. And, I still have to do the driveway again which got drifted over in places because of yesterday's high winds. //// And, It's Not Any better "Down South." --RoadDog

No comments: