Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Beatles Are Coming-- Part 2: WLS Chicago Silver Dollar Survey Janaury 17, 1964

I have been spending a lot of time recently looking at the impact the Beatles had on American music in the first several months of 1964 and believe me, it is hard to figure that it was fifty years ago. //// These were the songs on the WLS Silver Dollar weekly survey when the Beatles' "I Want to Hold Your Hand" debuted at #40 on January 17, 1964: #1. THERE I'VE SAID IT AGAIN-- Bobby Vinton // #2. DRAG CITY-- Jan and Dean // #3. SURFIN' BIRD-- Trashmen // 4. CALIFORNIA SUN-- Rivieras // #5. YOU DON'T OWN ME-- Lesly Gore //// #6. POPSICLES & ICICLES--Murmaids // #7. HEY LITTLE COBRA-- Ripchords // #8. DUMBHEAD-- Ginny Arnelle // 9. DAISY PETAL PICKIN'-- Jimmy Gilmer // #10. JAVA-- Al Hirt //// I'll be writing some more about #8 "Dumbhead" by Ginny Arnelle after I finish the Top 40 songs which I will fo in their entirety. I'd never heard of her or her song. //// --RoadDog

No comments: