Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Tree in the Road and Bird Bombs

This past weekend, I had a close encounter of the tree kind.  Saturday, I drove back from the Legion in Fox Lake to get something and when going over the top of the hill at Sunset and US-12 in Spring grove had to throw on brakes quickly in order to avoid a big ol' tree that had fallen onto the road.

We had passed by the spot only a few hours earlier and no problem.  That storm that sent me to the meat cooler must have weakened it enough to come down.

Then Sunday, at Captain's Quarters, when I went out to the car, I was appalled to see that it had REALLY been attacked by the birds.  Liz counted some 95 white splotches on the window, roof and down one side.  We suspect seagulls and probably a bunch of them as I really don't think one could have had that much in it.

We had to go to a car wash in twin lakes when we went to Donovan's Reef for the fund raiser.

Birdie, Birdie in the Sky.  Why's You Do that On My car?  --RoadDog


WHY TEACHERS TURN GRAY EARLY (Selected test answers):  Q:  What can you never eat at breakfast?  A:  Lunch & Dinner.



No comments: