Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, June 2, 2014

Hawks Out, Hockey Over Now

I don't often mention my sports teams and their games for fear of putting a losing whammy on them,but that doesn't mean I'm not watching them.  And, this last month and a half, we've been watching all but one of the Black Hawk (Blackhawk) post season games, but that came to an end last night.

It was a fun season and a great run in the playoffs, but the Hawks came up one game short of playing for a second consecutive Stanley Cup.  We watched most of the games at Tommy's here in Spring Grove, Illinois, and a few games at Twisted Moose in McHenry.  Both places are major Hawk Zones with lost of jerseys, shirts, hats and plenty of cheering.  Makes for a real fun experience.

But now that the Hawks are out, I won't be watching any more hockey.  I'm not a fan of either team playing in the Stanley Cup series.

But, a bigger reason is that I am really angry with NBC for their sorry excuse for televising all the games.  They put almost every Hawk game on NBC Sports channel, something we don't get in our basic cable package and most people don't get.  Hey, NBC, if a city's team is in the playoffs, you need to make the games available for all and that means putting the games on over-the-air stations like WGN and WCIU in Chicago!!!

I was especially mad (well, livid) last night when I saw NBC was going to telecast the first game of the Stanley Cup series on NBC Sports again.  But, at least now, that is a mute point for me.  I wouldn't watch it even if it was on the regular NBC.

Plus, judging the sorry state of most NBC programming these days, what would have been so bad about pre-empting those shows with hockey games?

I'm even considering a NBC boycott come fall season.  I know one person's protest is nothing, but, at least I will feel better.  That means no more Chicago Fire, SVU, Chicago P.D., Parks and Recreation or Grimm.

NBC Can Take a Long Walk On a Short....    --RoadDog










No comments: