Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Welcome to Summer....1974-- Part 2

Forty years ago.  I also taught summer school over at Grayslake High School.  Finally, high school students.  And to think I was just six years older than some of them.

These would be songs playing on your radio June 1, 1974.

I'M THE LEADER OF A GANG--  Brownsville Station
DON'T YOU WORRY ABOUT A THING--  Stevie Wonder
BENNY & THE JETS--  Elton John
DOMINO (LIVE)--  Van Morrison

STAR BABY--  Guess Who
I'VE BEEN SEARCHING SO LONG--  Chicago
BAND ON THE RUN--  Paul McCartney
OH MY MY--  Ringo Starr

THAT'LL BE THE DAY--  Fog Hat
I'LL HAVE TO SAY I LOVE YOU IN A SONG--  Jim Croce
REBEL REBEL--  David Bowie
TOO ROLLING STONED--  Robin Trower

Got to Go to Summer School, Don't You Know.  --RoadDog

No comments: