Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, June 2, 2014

Welcome Summer...1974-- Part 1

OK, that would be summer back forty years ago and Bob Stroud started his annual summer trip back 40 years ago on his Rock and Roll Roots program on Chicago's WDRV, 97.1 FM.  He started doing this for the Summer of Love,1967,  in 2007 and has done it every year since then.

Lots of music and stuff to take you right back to those times.

The Summer of '74 I had just finished teaching my first year in Round Lake, Illinois.  I had 7th, 8th and 9th graders and taught geography and history.  There were two classes of 9th grade geography, one class of 8th grade history, two classes of 7th grade geography and one 8th grade geography.  I especially liked the 8th grade history, which was my major area in education.

I had always intended on teaching high school kids and getting used to junior high was trying to say the least.  I still wasn't too fond of the 7th and 8th graders, but did like my freshmen.

These were songs playing on your radio or at home on your stereo on June 1, 1974..

COME AND GET YOUR LOVE--  Red Bone
OH VERY YOUNG--  Cat Stevens
HELP ME--  Joni Mitchell
ANY MAJOR DUDE WILL TELL YOU--  Steely Dan
LA GRANGE--  ZZ Top

And, It Streams.  --RoadDog


RETIREE Q&A:  Q:  Why do retirees count pennies?  A:  They are the only ones who have the time.


No comments: