Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, December 12, 2014

JSS: Christmas Lights-- Low Gas Prices-- Why So Few Sports-- Great Radio

JSS--  Just Some Stuff.

1.  CHRISTMAS LIGHTS--  I've been working on the outside lights whenever I get the chance because of really cold weather and have most of them up.  I have found a whole lot of the light strands where half of them don't work, way more than usual.  Perhaps it was the extreme cold from last winter which stopped me from taking them down for so long.

I also helped Liz put up the two inside trees, something I normally don't do.

2.  LOW GAS PRICES--  Gas prices in northeast Illinois are around $2.60 to $2.70.  Yesterday, gas in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, was $2.56.  But, the best news is in McHenry along Illinois Highway 31, where a Murphy USA station opened and has sparked a gas war.  Wow, gas war.  How long has it been since you've heard that?  Gas is "down" to $2.27!!

Enjoy it now, because come spring, Big Oil and their friends will have gas back up to $4+ and that will be really hard to take now that we're starting to get used to gas below $3.

3.  WHY SO FEW SPORTS--  Even though I don't mention it often, I am a real big sports fan.  I don't mention it, especially where success is concerned because that is the "Kiss of Death."  I mention it and my teams lose.

4.  GREAT RADIO--  Tune into WXRT, 93.1 FM tomorrow morning from 8 to noo, CST to listen to Saturday Morning Flashback which goes back 30 years to 1984.  It streams at www.wxrt.com.

Also over the internet, check out Fessa John Hook's Beach Class Reunion which this week is to 1955.  He will play the Top Forty Beach Songs from that year and give you lots of background.  Some of the songs he played: "No More Alcohol" by Jimmy Liggins, "Can't Do 60 No More" by the Dominos, "Fujiyama Mama" by Aniston Alla, "Hearts of Stone" by the Jewels and "Tweddly Twiddly Dee" by LaVern Baker.  This is Rock and Roll before it became Rock and Roll.  Streams at www.beachshag.com.

--RoadDog

No comments: