Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, November 3, 2016

A Long Hard Road for the Cubs, But, 2016 World Series Champions


I must first say that I am a Cubs fan...unless they play the White Sox.  Buy, I have always liked the Cubs and have probably even seen them play more games than my Sox.

I wasn't writing about the playoffs, but believe me, I was closely following them. Liz and I went out to area bars for just about every game, both NLDS, NLCS and the World Series.  I was even wearing my Cubs hat (the only article of Cubs clothing I have as compared to a real lot of Sox stuff.  I mean, a REAL LOT!!)

I didn't write about it in any blog because of superstition.  Whenever I write about one of my teams before the end of the season or game, they lose and I wasn't taking any chances.

Yesterday, I took the Cubs "W" (Win) car flag off before the game as bad luck, you know.  We left the Cubs car flag up, though.  We drove to Sunnyside Tavern in Johnsburg for the game.  We have gone here for many of the playoff games.  A good-sized crowd, but not too crowded and most were into the game.  Lots of cheering as we went on an emotional roller coaster.  This just HAD to be THE YEAR.

When the Indians tied it in the 8th, we left.  It was getting late, 10 p.m.

Saw the rest of the game at home in the downstairs Margaritaville bar and enjoyed the Ultimate Jukebox.  Then, in the 10th, with the final out I started really playing winning kind of songs and even a couple from Ohio's Pat Dailey in honor of that great Cleveland Indians team that gave us all we could handle.  "Put-In-Bay" and "Get Your Ass to Cleveland."

That went on until 2:30 this morning.

"If You Like Irish Whiskey and Drinking Ice Cold Beer."  --RoadDog

No comments: