Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

About Last Weekend-- Part 2: Big Wind Blows Down the Tree, Musical "A Christmas Story"


SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 19:  That wind continued to howl all night.  I looked out the window from time to time during the night to see how the Bradford pear tree was doing.  It still stood, but looked smaller than before.  At daylight, I looked out and a good 50-70% of the tree was down, sadly the most colorful part.  Something I sure didn't want to happen.  Some of the bushes around it were somewhat crushed in spots.  Looks like I'll have some cutting to do, but, hey, firewood!  What do they say about when life gives you lemons?

We went to the matinee play at the Woodstock Opera House for the musical "A Christmas Story" put on by the Town Square Players, a local theater group.  "A Christmas Story" is my favorite Christmas movie and I wanted to see how it could be turned into a musical.  They did a great job and, with the exception of two songs, we really enjoyed the play.  How those young kids can remember all those lines is beyond me.  Well Done.

Ate at Wendy's and went to Sunnyside Tap on the way home.

--RoadTongueOnthePole

THE SHOCKING TRUTH ABOUT OKRA:  Some say okra is a vegetable; others say it's a fruit.


No comments: