Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, July 20, 2018

Nothing Like a Summer Around Here-- Part 2: Old Indy Cars and the Legion


JULY 13, FRIDAY

Glenn drove me to the 24th Annual Miller At Milwaukee Indy car Event at the Milwaukee Mile at the Wisconsin State Fair Grounds  in West Allis.  They had probably 50 old Indy Cars, all the way from 1909 to 1970.  Seven years I would never have gone since I wasn't interested in Indy Car Racing, but now that I have been to the Indy 500 six times,  Kind of like a doggy park for old Indy cars.  Take 'em out and let 'em RUN.

This is a chance for owners of the old vehicles to get out on a track on run 'em as they are intended.

I especially liked the real early ones which had a driver and mechanic behind the wheel.  I'll write more about this in my RoadDog's RoadLog Blog later.

We went to the Fox Lake American Legion for 50-50 but didn't win anything.

No comments: