Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

WLS Top 40 For August 5, 1968-- Part 2: "Pictures of Matchstick Men"


35..  TUESDAY AFTERNOON--  Moody Blues   (D)   #24   (Forever Afternoon."  Listen to it with your headphones.  Formed in Birmingham, England , in 1964.

34.  YOU'RE ALL I NEED TO GET BY--   Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell   (D)    #7   Classic Motown

33.  PICTURES OF MATCHSTICK MEN--  Status Quo    #12   Boy, that opening guitar!!!   English rock quintet.

32.  DO IT AGAIN--  Beach Boys      #20  Bringing back those earlier 1960s Beach Boy vibes.

31.  DON'T GIVE UP--  Petula Clark    #37   I'd never heard it before, but a perfect Petula Clark song.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "It's Automatic When I Talk With Old Friends."  Answer below.  --RoadDog

WHAT I THINK:  I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.


"Do It Again"







No comments: