Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Billboard's All-Time Biggest Summer Songs: "Tossin' and Turnin' "


Since we are in the last week of summer, here's a look back at the Billboard all-time biggest hits of summer.  This is based on tracking from Billboard's Hot 100 lists from Memorial Day through Labor Day.

I recognized all the songs except #2.

1.  I'LL BE MISSING YOU--  Pff daddy, Faith Evans, 112  To the tune of "Every Breath You Take" #5.  (1997)

2.  THE BOY IS MINE--  Brandy & Monica  (1998)

3.  TOSSIN' AND TURNIN'--  Bobby Lewis  (1961)

4.  BLURRED LINES--  Robin Thicke, T.I., Pharrell   (2013)

5.  EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE--  Police  (1983)

6.  WE BELONG TOGETHER--  Mariah Carey  (2005)

7.  I JUST WANT TO BE YOUR EVERYTHING--  Andy Gibb   (1977)  One of the Gibb Brothers.

8.  WHEN DOVES CRY--  Prince   (1984)

9.  (EVERYTHING I DO) I DO FOR YOU--  Bryan Adams  (1991)

10.  ALONE AGAIN (NATURALLY)--  Gilbert O'Sullivan  (1972)  Talk about a downer song.  This is about suicide.  I had never really listened to the words until somebody at Donovan's pointed it out and played it on the jukebox.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Every Step You Take, I'll Be Watching You."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Every Breath You Take"

No comments: