Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, September 9, 2019

JSS: Dumb Commercials-- Calvin & Hobbes-- Butterflies & Humming Birds


JSS--  Just Some Stuff

1.  DUMB COMMERCIALS--

 How dumb is that Pepsi commercial with Nate and Kate as taste buds in your mouth?  Way too much flirting and stupid dialogue.  How much longer must we be subjected to it?

Plus, that weird little Prince-ish guy for Diet Dr. Pepper.

2.  CALVIN & HOBBES--  I sure wish the creator Bill Watterson would bring it back.  But, I go to Go Comics every day and see am old one.  On August 6, 2019, we see Calvin talking to his tiger, Hobbes, and saying:  "Dad might be a secret super hero but driving a car that isn't cool.  I know, ours doesn't even have a cassette deck."    Kind of dates the comic strip.

Today's kids wouldn't even know what a cassette deck is.  Shoot, in Chevrolets, you can't even get a CD deck anymore.  That will be a big problem when we buy our next Chevrolet.  I have to have at least a CD player.  Last year, we sold our '03 Malibu which had both a CD and a cassette player.  Now  that was a great sound system.  Our '11 Malibu at least still has a CD player.

3.  BUTTERFLIES & HUMMINGBIRDS--  Well, butterflies might be endangered now, but I sure have a lot out in the yard.  As a matter of fact, I usually have several fly into me whenever I'm outside.  I especially have a lot of monarch butterflies.  I also have several hummingbirds (even though I don't feed them) that scare me badly every time I see see them.  My first thought is, "Look at the size of that mosquito!!"

Just Some Stuff.  --RoadDog

STATE OF THE JOKE:  INDIANA--  What is the difference between Indiana sports fans and puppies?  Answer:  Eventually, the pups will grow up and stop whining.


No comments: