Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

WLS Top 40 for September 8, 1969-- Part 6: "I'll Never Fall In Love Again"


Fifty Years Ago.

15.  OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND--  Little Anthony & the Imperials      #52     Didn't do anything for me.

14.  I CAN'T GET NEXT TO YOU--  Temptations      #1    Hard to beat Motown Anywhere, Anyhow.

13.  KEEM-O-SABE--  Electric Indian    Just 2:12.      #16    Very Indian instrumental.   Group made up of top Philadelphia studio musicians.

12.  I'LL NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN--  Tom Jones     #6    Make sure you watch the video.  Tom being Tom.  But, no ladies threw anything at him.

11.  THE TRAIN--  1910 Fruitgum Co.     #57    Never heard of the song before.  Good song though.  Bubble Gum Music with Soul?  Their last charting single.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "I Can Make A Gray Sky Blue, I Can Make It rain Whenever i Want It To."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"I Can't Get Next To You"

No comments: