Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

WLS Top 40 from November 10, 1969-- Part 1: Evil Woman, Don't Play Those Games With Me"


Songs on Chicago's WLS 890 AM from fifty years ago.

The number after the artist is how high it got on Billboard's Hot 100 Singles Chart.  (D) means Debut.

40.  EVIL WOMAN, DON'T PLAY YOUR GAMES WITH ME--  Crow    #19    (D)  One of the great garage rock/frat rock songs of all time.  Their biggest hit.

39.  A BRAND NEW ME--  Dusty Springfield     #24   (D)  One of my favorites by her.   Written by Chicago's Jerry Butler  "Just because of you."

38.  JEAN--  Oliver    #2   Gagged me then, still gags me.  Right up there with  with "Honey" in gag appeal.

37.  UP ON CRIPPLE CREEK--  Band   #25  (D)  One of my favorite songs by one of my favorite groups.  So much effort coming up with a name.   Their biggest hit.

36.  SHANGRI-LA--  Lettermen    #64   Just too pretty.  All that vocalizing.   Formed in Los Angeles in 1960.


Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "This Is My Same Old Coat And My Same Old Shoes."  --  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"A Brand New Me."


No comments: