Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, June 13, 2020

Every Blooming THing Again


Okay, yesterday. Thursday, June 12, I took a walk around the yard looking more closely at what was blooming and about to bloom and found I had seriously miscounted what was a'bloomin'.

Like I said, I have a couple hundred daisy and a couple hundred wild tall phlox blooming (though the tall phlox is near its end).   Right now, the yard is a blaze of white and purple.

But, I an sad to say that I don't know the names of a whole lot of my flowers.  If I ever get one of those new cell phones with a camera in it, I'll need to go around and photograph these "unknowns" and go to a garden nursery and find out what's what.These flowers, however, are nowhere near as numerous as the daisies and wild tall phlox.  I will try to describe the "unknowns."

Most all of my flowers are perennials.

*******************************

GETTING READY TO BLOOM

Missouri primrose
yellow creeping sedum
coral bells

*******************************

BLOOMING

yellow flowers on a stalk
peonies
purple salvia?
low spreading with pink flowers
lavender
wild daisies (tall with small white flowers)
honeysuckle
blue flowers on a stalk
tickweed
Japanese lilac trees
small yellow flowers from a bulb

Like I said, I always try to go for color from April to October.

Every Blooming THing, You Know.  --RoadBloom

CRAZY COUNTRY SONGS:  "The Only Time I'm Sober's When You're Gone"


No comments: