Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, June 26, 2020

My Idea of a Great Morning


This morning was what I consider to be a perfect morning.  After getting up, I went outside and sat on my front porch.  I first sat in the rocking chair and then moved over to the wicker chair.

I had a McDonald's sausage McMuffin (I bought it yesterday) in the rocking chair and then coffee and read the Chicago Tribune in the wicker chair.

But, that's not all.

When I'm sitting out there, I enjoy looking at the clouds (and this morning we had a magnificent sunrise) and, surprisingly I don't even bring music out with me.  Why bring music when you have all those birds a'chirping away.  And we have plenty of birdies in the neighborhood.

I get to watch them and yell at the robins for eating my worms.  Birds can be quite funny when an argument begins and chasing starts.  But, perhaps that is a mating ritual.  Who knows?

Then, I have the wascally wabbit, several chippers and several squirrels to bother.  I watch folks walking their dogs and the neighbors.  I guess for awhile many morning I am the neighborhood watch or perhaps just some old snoopy codger.

Then, coffee and a newspaper.  Man, I am going to miss holding a newspaper in my hands.  Digital just doesn't do it for me.

And, I sure enjoy looking at the yard.  I put a lot of work into it and it's right pretty even if I do say so.  Flowers every where you look.

Oh, yes.  This morning I had the added enjoyment of hearing thunder off to the west and then we had a steady falling rain.  Love the sound of the raindrops and especially that smell that a rainfall brings.  That and new-mown grass are two of my favorite summer smells.

Today was a mighty fine FP as I call it.  That means Front Porch.

***********************************

By the way, all you sixties music fans, WXRT's Saturday Morning Flashback is going back to 1968 for three hours tomorrow morning, Saturday, from 9 am to noon.  It streams at www.wxrt.com.

***********************************

A Good Morning.  A Mighty Good Morning.  --RoadDog

THOSE CRA-ZEE COUNTRY SONGS:  Get Your Tongue Out of My Mouth, I'm Kissing You Goodbye.

No comments: