Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Music Deaths: John Prine


JOHN PRINE, 73

Died April 7, 2020

I wrote about him back when he died as he was always one of my favorite performers.  I thought I was really knowledgeable about him, but since then, I've been on You Tube a whole lot and I find I really didn't know his songs.  And, that was my mistake.  I should have listened more.

I know whenever I'm at a bar and a solo performer is on stage and I ask for a John Prine song, that really impressed them.

John had what I consider one of his best ever songs just a year or so before his death with "Summer's End."  Watch the video and if that is not one of the saddest videos you've ever seen, let me know.  There is also a video about the making of this video.  make sure you watch it.

No comments: