Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, July 31, 2020

Somewhat Near Normal Last Saturday: Some of My Favorite Things


As another month hurries by.  And, I mean HURRIES BY!!  Why does time go so fast when you're having fun, and even here in the "V" fun.

People asked me in the past why I don't travel much during the summer.  Why travel when you've got a travel destination right here in the area.  I mean, Illinois' Chain of Lakes (or Chain 'o Lakes) is as much fun as you can have and we haven't had a boat since last year.  But there is always stiff going on with weekly concerts in many local towns, car shows, parades, holidays, bars and bands.

But, this year has been different with so many things canceled.

But, last Saturday, I came as close as you can to a return to the good old days. 

I went on my longest road trip since March 3, a whopping 20.4 miles to Algonquin, Illinois.  Usually by now, we would have been to Missouri on Route 66 at least once and out to the the Mississippi River at least once, but since we can't just have the fun we want because of you-know-what,  might as well just hang around here.

However, this past Saturday I got to do a whole bunch of my favorite things.  First, we had our first meeting of the MCCWRT discussion group outside at Panera Bread with facemasks on, then to my favorite store, Half-Price Books and then to one of my favorite fast-food places called White castle.

Last two stops were to check out plants at Meijer and Home Depot, something else I really enjoy.

That night, closer to home in Johnsburg, Illinois, we had fresh Stade corn on the cob and a band outside of Stucky's.

I Was Smilin'.  --RoadGrin

No comments: