Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, December 25, 2020

Between 'A Christmas Story' and All That Christmas Music, Are You Ready for A to Z Rock?

I have been listening to my many, many Christmas albums, cassette tapes and CDs the last three weeks.  I love them, but am a bit to the Had Enough Stage. I put them away tomorrow until December next year.

Plus, since 7 pm last night I've been watching may favorite seasonal movie of all time, "A Christmas Story."  This sure takes you back to another time.  Imagine parents leaving their young kids in a line to see Santa these days and then going elsewhere in the huge store.  They'd be arrested in this day and age.

Anyway, I've seen the movie two full times and watched parts several more times.  I've almost got the dialogue down by now.

Yesterday, Chicago's WDRV, 97.1 FM started their annual end-of-the-year Rock and Roll A to Z Countdown.  It will go until sometime after the new year starts, they don't at this time know exactly what.  They add lots of songs every year, so its not the same old, same-old.  Lots of deep cuts as well.

They are up to the letter C  "Chicago, We Can Change the World" by Graham Nash right now.

I'll be listening to this a lot starting tomorrow.  It streams, of course.

TRIVIA TEASER:  What Everly Brothers song includes the lyrics:  "When I Want You In My Arms, When I Want You And All Your Charms."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"All I Have To Do is Dream"


No comments: