Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Music Deaths: Ray Pennington, Wrote 'I'm a Ramblin' Man' for Waylon Jennings

RAY PENNINGTON, 86

Died 7 October 2020

Country/ Western Swing singer/songwriter.  Wrote hit country song "I'm a Ramblin' Man" which Waylon Jennings took to #1.  He also released his own version of the song which went to #29 on the country charts in 1967.  Definitely fo back and listen to Waylon Jennings' version.

Also wrote a great country drinking song "Bubbles in My Beer."

"This Song Don't Cares Who Sings It"

(Turn Me Loose and) Let Me Swing" with Swing Shift Band.  Willie Nelson also sang it and did a job that would have made Bob Wills smile.

I'd never heard of him.

Give him a listen on You Tube. Kind of neat to hear his version of "I'm a Ramblin' Man" and then Waylon's.


No comments: