Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, May 6, 2021

About That Almost Perfect Game I Saw Back in '83-- Part 5: Bottom of the 9th, Two Outs, Then....

Here we go, bottom of the ninth inning now, just three outs to go to you-know-what.  I am now a HUGE Milt Wilcox fan.  I could almost taste seeing the eighth perfect game in MLB history.  And I was going to BE THERE!!  Oh boy.  Come on Milt,

Did I say, THREE Outs?

First up for my White Sox was  Carlton Fisk who flew out.  White Sox manager Tony LaRussa (who is now back with the Sox as manager) then put in a pinch hitter, Mike Squires, who grounded out to first.

ONE OUT TO GO!!!

Then, LaRussa puts in his wildcard, Jerry Hairston.  Jerry Hairston was a pinch hitter's pinch hitter.  This made up a huge part of his career.

Wilcox threw a waist-high fast ball and Hairston did what he got paid for and slashed a ball that landed  a few feet in front of Chet Lemon in center field.

You probably could feel the disappointment in Detroit, but it was definitely that way with most all of Comiskey Park.

All, that is, except for two White Sox fan clowns sitting behind me.

And, Then....  --RoadCry

TEENAGERS AND CATS:  Even if you tell jokes as well as Jay Leno, neither your cat nor your teen will crack a smile.


No comments: