Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Every Blooming THing, Early May 2021

After a two week delay, I finally got my lawn tractor and had a real fun time cutting down the yard jungle I had developed in the meantime.  I always try to stay ahead of the grass especially in the spring when it is growing fast.  I had to cut it much higher than I usually do.

Sadly, one of my crabapple trees had just come into a heavy bloom but then the extreme winds we had this past weekend hit and blew every single bud off.  However, the other four crabapples are blooming right now as is the sole remaining Bradford pear tree.  The two sunburst honey locusts are about to leaf out in that glorious yellow.  The redbud is also blooming.

The daffodils and hyacinths are spent, but the tulips are ablaze right now.

The purple, red and white creeping phlox are carrying the flower color right now along with a perennial I have that has gray foliage and yellow flowers (but I don't know what it is called).

Hostas are coming up.

--RoadFlower


No comments: