Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, July 30, 2021

Guess I'm WAY Out of the Loop in Music These Days: About That Current and Country Music

Well, we have that giant music festival going on in Chicago this weekend called Lollapalooza and a couple weeks ago we had a big country festival near here in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin called Country Thunder.

I went to Country Thunder once quite a while ago, back in my much younger days.  But, as I get older, huge crowds just isn't something I want to experience.  It did used to bother me, but now its sure does.

Anyway, I go a schedule for Country Thunder (and I still am a big country music fan and often listen to WBRF, 98.1 FM out of Galax, Virginia over the internet.  They play what they call Classic Country.  The older stuff.)

Out of four headliners July 15-18, I only recognized two:  Eric Church and Blake Shelton.  Out of the other 18 performers, I only recognize three:  Clay Walker, Tanya Tucker and Neal McCoy.

Out of 170+ bands, this was real sad, I only recognized seven: Miley Cyrus, Black Pumas, Limp Bizkit, Journey, Mt. Joy, Post Malone and Foo Fighters.

Like I said, Guess I'm Out of the Loop Now.  --RoadHopeless?


No comments: