Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, July 8, 2021

Songs from the Summer of 1971, July 4, 1971-- Part 5: 'Mercedes Benz'

These were the songs playing on Chicago's two pop powerhouses WLS AM and WCFL AM on July 4, 1971 (that's right, 50 years ago).  They are also the ones in your album, or even 45 collections.  

So, let's take a trip back.

GET IT ON--  Chase

MOONSHADOW--  Cat Stevens

MERCEDES BENZ--  Janis Joplin

I FEEL THE EARTH MOVE--  Carole King

SOONER OR LATER--  Grass Roots

UNCLE ALBERT/ADMIRAL HALSEY--  Paul McCartney

SMILE AWAY--  Paul McCartney

DRAGGIN' THE LINE--  Tommy James  (But no Shondells)

NATHAN JONES--  Supremes  (But no Diana)

(I KNOW) I'M LOSING YOU--  Rod Stewart (But no Temptations)

RIDERS ON THE STORM--  Doors

CROSSEYED MARY--  Jethro Tull

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "And If I Ever Lose My Hands, Lose My Plow, Lose My Land."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Moonshadow"


No comments: