Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, August 13, 2021

WLS Top 30 for Week of August 9, 2021-- Part 4: 'Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey'

*  Means climbing the charts.  The number after the artist is how high it got on the Billboard Hot 100 National Chart.

15.  IT'S TOO LATE / I FEEL THE EARTH MOVE--  Carole King     #1    #12  for "I Feel the Earth Move."   Love the piano intro on "I Feel the Earth Move."  Guess some deejay turned "It's Too Late" over and played the "B" side.

14.  UNCLE ALBERT / ADMIRAL HALSEY--  Paul McCartney     #1    Listed as Paul and Linda McCartney.   Quite an oddball song.  I was upset when the Beatles broke up, but then realized we'd be getting at least three times as many Beatles songs.  I didn't much expect anything from Ringo.  Was I ever wrong.  I always wondered if Paul's Admiral Halsey was our WW II Admiral William F. "Bull" Halsey.

13.  MIGHTY CLOUDS OF JOY--  B.J. Thomas      #34    Billy Joe Thomas, you know.   Now, you've been to church.

12.  SMILING FACES SOMETIMES--  Undisputed Truth      #3    From Detroit.   Their only Top 40 song.   Keep an eye on "Your Friends."  Maybe not so.  

11.  MAYBE TOMORROW--  Jackson Five     #20    Not one of the their better-known songs and I don't even remember hearing it, but, wow, this is a really good song.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Jealousy, Misery, Envy."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Smiling Faces Sometimes"


No comments: