Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

WLS Top 30 for Week of August 9, 1971-- Part 2: 'I Just Want to Celebrate'

* means it is climbing the charts.

25.  DON'T PULL YOUR LOVE--  Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds       #4    Classic early 70s rock.  Still don't know why Joe Frank got his names in the group name and the other two just their last names.

24.  MOON SHADOW--  Cat Stevens      #30   Too bad he gave up singing.  Follow up to "Wild World."  I especially remember listening to his "Tea for the Tillerman" album when I lived at Ski's trailer at the University of Georgia.  Takes me right back.

23.  YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND--  James Taylor     #1     Everybody needs a real good friend like James.  His only #1 hit.

22.  *I JUST WANT TO CELEBRATE--  Rare Earth       #7    The drummer does the lead singing.  Who says white guys can't sing soul?  From Detroit.  One of the first white groups signed by Motown.

21.  SOONER OR LATER--  Grass Roots    #9     As far as I am concerned, this is a very underrated group.  One of the members was Creed Bratton, one of the stars of the TV show "The Office."  From San Francisco.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "And If I Ever Lose My hands, Lose My Plow, Lose My Land."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Moon Shadow"


No comments: