Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, August 16, 2021

Those Puzzling Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd Song Titles

Saturday, August 14

In the morning I was doing these blogs and listening to Bill St. James' Time Warp Show on Chicago's WDRV, 97.1 FM.  And, he was featuring 1969, a great high school college year for me and played two songs which took my right back to NIU.

The first was "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin and right after it he played "Commotion" by my all-time favorite 60s band (well, 70s as well), CCR, or Creedence Clearwater Revival.  Man, I was right back.

"Whole Lotta Love" is one of the very few Lez Zeppelin songs I know the title of when I hear the song.  For some reason, I just can't remember those song titles.  And the Drive (WDRV) plays lots and lots of Led Zeppelin in their Classic Rock format.  They also play a whole lot of Pink Floyd, another group I have big problems with song titles.

I've heard all the songs from albums of these two groups and recognize the song as one of theirs.  But, name the song, I can't.  If I were ever to get on Sherman and Tingle's show on the Drive and play their Seven Songs in 30 Seconds Challenge I'd be dead in the water if they played any by these two groups.  (They play the song and you guess its name.)

On the subject of Pink Floyd, I was in Mt. Airy, North Carolina,  (the inspiration for Andy Griffith's Mayberry) once and saw a great tee shirt for sale.  It featured a picture of Floyd the Barber in pink and under it, it said "Pink Floyd."  I almost bought it, but like with baseball caps, I sure don't need anymore tee shirts.

I Call WDRV the Station That Zep and Floyd Built.  --RoadDoh!

LAWS OF THE UNIVERSE,LAW OF PHYSICAL SURFACES:  The chances of an open-faced jelly sandwich landing face down on the floor are directly correlated to the newness and cost of the carpet or rug.


No comments: