Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, August 1, 2021

Every Blooming THing, Early August 2021: Prime Season

I regard this period of time as the best my yard has to offer.  It is a blaze of color from one end to the other with the most blooms of the year.

Right now, the purple cone flowers, black-eyed susans, daylillies, hostas and tall phlox are blooming.  And, I have hundreds of each of them.  I also have some sort of tall mini sunflowers blooming right now and even a few bee balm are still in bloom but most are gone.

But, sadly, we are in drought conditions for a second time so I have been out watering a whole lot.  At least I haven't cut the grass in awhile.  It isn't growing, but the weeds are doing real well, especially over the one septic line that is used.

I have also been very busy cutting back bushes and weed trees that have taken over parts of the back yard.

I have also been busy planting all the annuals that I bought at Menard's when they finally put them on sale.

Always Fun and Games in The Yard.  --RoadFlower


No comments: