Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, August 19, 2021

About Last Week-- Part 1: Storms and That Field of Dreams Game

Monday and Tuesday, we finally had rain, unfortunately several times in the form of storms.  Monday there were tornado warnings in the area and then a real bad one went through Tuesday, but with no tornadoes, but a lot of tree destruction.  Kevin and Kelly were without electricity from Tuesday night to Saturday.  On Wednesday, I did a Firebird Cruise on Pioneer Road and finally had to get off it because of all of the places where work crews were removing topple trees and big tree limbs from the road.  Plus, one stretch was nothing but little twigs and branches.

But, at least we got rain which was badly needed.

TUESDAY AUGUST 10

Donovan's in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin, for trivia.

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 11

Firebird Cruise

******************************************************

THURSDAY, AUGUST 12

Finally had to cut the grass because of all the rain.  

I had to make a choice tonight.  Whether to go see the band at Antioch, Illinois' It's Thursday as I originally planned, or go to Stucky's in Johnsburg and see Jim Sieg play music and host a jam.  But, today was also the Field of Dreams game in Dyersville, Iowa, with the Chicago White Sox and New York Yankees playing where the "Field of Dreams" movie was shot.

Well, either way, I'd get my music, but at Stucky's I could also watch the game.  So, Stucky's it was.

And, I am sure glad I did.  Besides all the corn (and them walking out of the corn like in the movie), WOW.  What a game.  The Sox went up 1-0 in the 1st, then fell behind 1-3 in the top of the 3rd before scoring 4 runs in the bottom of that inning to go up 5-3.  They added two more in the 4th to go up 7-3.

The Yankees scored once in the 6th and things were looking good until the 9th, when the Yankees scored 4 times to take a 7-8 lead over the Sox.  I tell you, we were downfallen.

Then Tim Anderson hit that walk-off homerun and a 9-8 win!!  Eight home runs were hit in the game.

Wow!  --RoadDog

LAWS OF THE UNIVERSE, LAW OF COMMERCIAL MARKETING STRATEGY:  As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.  Boy do I agree with this one.  I look at it this way.  If I like it, they will take it away from me.


No comments: