Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Our 49th Wedding Anniversary-- Part 5: Those Crazy Iowa Gas Prices and the Little Blue Nun

If you want traffic, you got traffic on the Iowa side of that bridge.

I found a station advertising $3.70 a gallon and doubled back against a lot of that traffic to fill up.  However, as I was putting the gas in, I saw that I was paying $4.10 a gallon.  WHAT??  What gives here?  Have I been victimized again by crazy Iowa gas prices? You've got to keep an eye on gas prices here.  Often regular is more expensive than midgrade.

I then saw that there were two kinds of regular at the station:  Regular and Regular Supreme.  And, I had chosen poorly and been victimized by Iowa gas prices again.  I am going to have to talk to my buddy Mark about gas prices in "HIS" state.

After that expensive gas fill up, we drove back across the bridge and stopped at one of our favorite liquor stores, Van's in East Dubuque.  I bought two bottles of Barefoot Riesling wine to keep Liz's dad's tradition going.  Ambrose (Amby) gave us a small bottle of Blue Nun wine for our honeymoon.  He knew that we didn't like wine (well, Ripple and Annie something or other were acceptable in a pinch).  

Well, every year for the first 44 anniversaries we would get a bottle of Blue Nun to drink.  But, sadly, no one carries it anymore.  But, it is a Riseling wine and you can find them easily, so we drink as close to a Blue Nun thing as we can.

--RoadDog


No comments: