Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, November 11, 2022

Veterans Day 2022

A day to thank our veterans for their service.  It is too bad that so many don't.  

I have or will write about veterans in all blogs today except one.

I was admiring the Ukrainian flag I have flying as I pulled out of the driveway and then remembered, "Hey, Veterans Day."  Pulled back in and put the big  U.S. flag on the garage and the smaller one out by the mailbox.  I already had a U.S. flag flying from the gazebo.

Went to Fox Lake to participate in the Veterans Day ceremony, but was unable to find it.  I sure wish the village and Legion would put out more information on these things.  So, drove over to McHenry and also could not find it at Veterans Park, so then figured that perhaps the ceremony would be at 11:00.  I had time to kill so went to Wendy's for breakfast.

Drove by Veterans Park, but no ceremony.  Same with Miller Park.  Then went to the VFW and caught the very end of it.  Oh well.

Later  tonight, I will be going to the Fox Lake Legion.

Thank You Veterans.  --RoadThankful


No comments: