Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, November 12, 2022

Our 49th Wedding Anniversary-- Part 7: Galena's Log Cabin Restaurant

THURSDAY, AUGUST 25

We then drove to downtown Galena and amazingly, found a parking space, one that I could pull into and not have to back into (again, my depth perception has faded).  It was right in front of where we were going to eat our anniversary dinner, The Log Cabin Steakhouse (with that great old sign hanging over the sidewalk).  This is where we ate our first meal together on our honeymoon.

As we walked up to the door, they opened it as they open at 4 p.m. and that was the time.  We were the first customers of the day.  I had thought of having one of their notable steak dinners, but they started at $38, a bit more than I wanted to pay.  Instead, I got my usual catfish dinner for $19.95, only this time I had it made up Greek style.  Liz ordered the cod dinner.

The place looks exactly as it did 49 years ago.   Another reason we like it so well.

As usual, we got a hot loaf of bread and a relish tray with some of the best cheese spread anywhere.  I also got a baked potato with the order.

We had plenty left over.  Thankfully, our room at Grant Hills Motel has a minifrig.

--RoadAnniversary


1 comment:

DennyG said...

Following your recommendation, I patronized the Log Cabin and Grant Hills back in July 2021 and enjoyed them both immensely. Good advice.