Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

WLS Top 27 Songs for Week of Nov. 13, 1972-- Part 4: 'I Am Woman'

Fifty years ago.  That's half a century for those who are counting.

*  Means the song was climbing the charts.  The number after the artist is how high the song got on the Billboard Hot 100 National Charts.

10.  LISTEN TO THE MUSIC--  Doobie Brothers      #11       Their first big hit.      On the video, they had two drummers and 4 guitarists.

9.  *WITCHY WOMAN--  Eagles      #9       Too late for Halloween?  That's Don Henley singing.

8.  *IF I COULD REACH YOU--  5th Dimension       #10     Their last Top Ten.

7.  *I AM WOMAN--  Helen Reddy      #1      Hear me now!!  Hear her roar!!

6.  *I'D LOVE YOU TO WANT ME--  Lobo      #2

5.  I'LL BE AROUND--  Spinners      #3     This song really brings back the memories.

4.  FREDDIE'S DEAD--  Curtis Mayfield    #4

3.  GARDEN PARTY--  Rick Nelson    #6      His last Top 40 song.

2.  NIGHTS IN WHITE SATIN--  Moody Blues    #2   Their biggest hit.

1.  *I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW--  Johnny Nash    #1 for 4 weeks

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "A Chance To Share Old Memories And Play Our Songs Again."   Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Garden Party"


No comments: