Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, February 3, 2023

'A Man Called Otto,' Crossword Puzzles, Word Searches, Half-Times and Some Snow

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 25

Saw one of the best movies I've seen in a long time, "A Man Called Otto."  Besides him being old and living in a world he doesn't much care for and the loss of his long-time wife six months earlier, I felt I had a lot in common with Tom Hanks' character.   

If this movie doesn't get Academy Award nominations for best movie, actor and actress there is something mighty wrong.

I completed a Tribune Crossword Puzzle (the one on the comics page) with no help.  This is the first time I've ever done this.  If you'd told me six years ago that I world be doing crossword puzzles, I would have told you you're out of your mind.  Both my mom and wife were big fans of those.  Plus, I have come to enjoy word searches.  

Who'd have ever "figgered."

THURSDAY, JANUARY 26

Went to Half-Times for their $1 pints of Lite and half price pizza and sandwiches and had another one of their great TBC (turkey, bacon & cheese) subs.

FRIDAY, JANUARY 27

Stayed home today as it snowed all day.  It has snowed 1 1/2 to 2 inches every day starting Wednesday.  All that snow we haven't been getting, we're starting to catch up.  I still can't get the snowblower started, but so far I have been able to easily shovel accumulation off.

--RoadPuzzle


No comments: