Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Every Blooming Thing-- Late Fall

Well, here it is nearing the end of my favorite season, fall.

Sure hate to see it go. Several of my trees have dropped all of their leaves, but the Amur maple is keeping its beautiful orange ones. The mums are blooming in yellow,red, and orange.

I'm having to rake the pine needles up as they make great mulch.

Cut the grass Monday for perhaps the last time of the season, but maybe not.

We had frost warnings Thursday night so had to move the many deck plants inside the sunroom where they will remain for the winter. That is about twelve pots so the sunroom is a bit crowded.

One of them is Liz's favorite one that she calls the Dragon Plant. It is a type of palm with sharp points at the end of the leaves. We've had it for at least twenty years and it grew several feet this past summer and is about seven feet tall and quite heavy. Believe me when I say it's no fun moving that inside by myself and avoiding those sharp points.

It's Always Funny Until Someone Loses an Eye. --RoadDog

No comments: