Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Fundraiser and New Items

This past weekend, I donated my services as a deejay for a fundraiser for a family from our American Legion where we raised about $10,000 from donations, a spaghetti dinner, 50-50s, raffles, and a silent auction.

We had a great turnout throughout the day and lots of bikers as they were very involved in the Legion Riders. Both husband and wife were injured while doing a Legion function in another town and he had to have his leg amputated while she is still in a cast and wheel chair.

I fought off some folks in the silent auction and was able to get two items I've been looking for, a treadmill and a new bicycle.

Unfortunately, neither one has instructions and that should be fun as I've never had a treadmill and the bike has about 15 gears and the brakes aren't set. I'll have to find someone who knows about such things to help me.

A Good Job to the Good Folks at the American Legion. --RoadDog

No comments: