Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

On the Beach Scene-- Buying Beach Records

Just Got Back from a trip to the coast in NC and SC.

Unfortunately, the old Record Rack store on Center Street in downtown Goldsboro, NC, is now closed so I didn't get to listen to Stan Hartley and Gene Richert talk "Beach" and listen to records. However, now with the internet, I can hear the shows anytime I like, even way up here in the north near the Illinois-Wisconsin line. So I still get my Beach Fix.

When in Myrtle Beach, I couldn't find Sounds Familiar Record Store so perhaps it is no longer in business. It even wasn't in the phone book. That was a good one.

However, Judy's House of Oldies in North Myrtle Beach was still open and I was able to buy some expensive Beach CDs ($16.98) there.

I was happy to find that Wal Mart stores in Myrtle Beach and Monkey Junction in Wilmington had sections for Beach Music. And cheaper ($12.98 and $13.98).

A Beachin' I Will Listen. --RoadDog

No comments: