Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

JSS: Gas Prices Continue to Drop-- Seein' Movies-- Because I'm the Mayor-- Crummy Weather Continues

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. GAS PRICES CONTINUE TO DROP-- It's almost like it's a bad idea to buy gas when it gets a little low, because if you wait a day, it will be lower. But after those Big Oil nightmares last summer, it's a much-needed relief. Saw gas for $2.19 in Fox Lake today!!!

2. SEEIN' MOVIES-- Went to the Fox Lake Theater today and saw "Saw V" and "Role Models."

"Saw V" was as strange as any of the others. How do they keep coming up with new ways of killing folks? And then, there are the hard things old Jigsaw made people chose. I admit, I just saw the first two of the "Saw" movies a month ago. I didn't originally see them figuring it was teenage slasher genre. They definitely aren't.

I really enjoyed "Role Models" about two slacker types who have to be big brother to two young misfits and the eventual bond that forms between them. Then, there was those mighty interesting medieval folk.


3. BECAUSE I'M THE MAYOR-- Fox Lake Mayor Cindy Irvin just sold her house to the Fox Lake Library so it can go ahead with expansion. She sold it for $270,000, about $35,000 more than it appraises for, but less than she had been asking. The library never considered eminent domain. PLUS, she IS the mayor. What's that about fighting city hall?

When asked if she planned to leave the community, she replied "I have to stay here. I'm the mayor." Well put.

4. CRUMMY WEATHER CONTINUES-- Definitely a different three days to begin this week than we had last week where I was catching rays on deck. Cold, blustery, overcast, and rain off and on.

Because I'm Not a Fan of This Weather. --RoadDog

No comments: