Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, November 24, 2008

On The Road-- Home to Cincinnati

This last Friday, I left for my Thanksgiving trip back to North Carolina to be with family.

I took the usual way to avoid the Chicago hassle, Illinois-47 all the way to I-74 by Champagne, and then east through Indianapolis to Cincinnati, where I met up with my buddy Denny.

Gas was still $2 along Il-47 in the northern part, but dropped to $1.88 in Morris and remained in the $1.60 to $1.70 range most of the rest of the way. Never expected to see gas under $2 again so will enjoy it until Big Oil sends it back up to $4-plus next spring.

Friday night, we did some NTNing at three places: Blue Goose, Peg's and Bargos. We're both hooked on NTN.

Had planned to get some of Cincy's famous chili at a Skyline Chili place, but arrived at 11:01 and they closed at 11. Had to settle on a nearby White Castle. Oh well.

No Chili for Me!! --RoadDog

No comments: