Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Creedence "Covered" Revival

Yesterday, November 9th, Bob Stroud featured the songs Creedence Clearwater Revival covered on their albums. This was in honor of what would have been Tom Fogerty's 67th birthday and he called it Creedence "Covered" Revival.

If I HAD to pick a favorite group from the 60s and early 70s, I'd probably have to go with CCR. I bought every one of their albums as soon as it was released. This was the only group I did that for, even the Beatles. Of course, when Creedence did a cover, they put their unmistakable stamp on it.

The songs and original performer.

I Put a Spell on You-- "Screaming" Jay Hawkins
Susie Q-- Dale Hawkins
99 and a Half-- Wilson Pickett
Good Golly Miss Molly-- Little Richard
Night Time is the Right Time-- Ray Charles (and NOT the Cosby Show ensamble)
Cotton Fields-- Honey Ledbetter
Midnight Special-- Johnny Rivers
Ooby Dooby-- Roy Orbison
My Baby Left Me-- Elvis Presley
Heard It Through the Grapevine-- Marvin Gaye

I was familiar with these songs as I played those old albums over and over again. I just didn't realize they did that many covers.

Lovin' That Great CCR Music. --RoadDog

No comments: