Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, November 28, 2008

On the Road-- Cincinnati

Saturday, the 22nd, Denny and I met Jennifer and Pat at the Echo, a great breakfast place dating to the 30s. I had a famous GERMAN SAUSAGE goetta breakfast plate. Goetta is a Cincinnati specialty made by simmering pork parts in stock with spices, onions, and oats. This is mighty good.

We went to the 1800s observatory and then downtown where I saw the location of the Flim Building where my favorite all-time TV show "WKRP in Cincinnati" supposedly took place. I always had the wrong building pegged as the site.

Took a tour of the great art deco edifice, Union Terminal, and the Sign Museum after that. See http://roaddogsroadlog.blogspot.com. for more on these places.

We ate at Terry's for dinner and had some great burgers. Although this is a new place, it looks like it dates from the 20s.

After Pat and Jennifer left, Denny and I hit two more places for NTN, Coaster's and 2 Putt, and then saw the Goshorn Brothers at 20 Mile Station, which dates back to the 1840s, and, was twenty miles from Cincinnati. The Goshorn Brothers were members of one of my favorite groups, Pure Prairie League.

Mighty Good Time in the Queen City. --RoadDog

No comments: