Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Big Duh for Today...At Least, I Hope, But Still Lots of Time

This morning, after taking the garbage containers out to the street, I couldn't get the garage door to go back down. Somewhat mad because we had just installed a new opener in June (lightning knocked the other one out), I tried several different ways of getting the door closed. It would start like it was going to close, then, nothing.

At 9, I called the company who put it in, and talked to their secretary. After explaining the problem, she told me to go out and look to see if something was blocking the "electric" eye. It was, and now it works. THE OLD GARAGE DOOR OPENERS DID NOT HAVE AN ELECTRIC EYE. AT LEAST THAT'S MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT.

There is one secretary who thinks I'm not the sharpest blade in the silverware drawer. I hope and imagine she gets lots of calls about this problem. It's like looking all over Lowe's for something, asking, and, of course, it is right behind you and the clerk gets that look upon their face.

No, DUH!!! Dumb Is As Dumb Does. --RoadDog

Questions for retired folks: When is a retiree's bedtime? Answer-- Three hours after they fall asleep on the couch.

No comments: