Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Doing the Town Green

Just a short time from now, I'll be driving over to Lake Villa, Illinois, for their annual St. Patrick's Day Parade and party. This has been going on for at least ten years and I have deejayed at George's Cedar Inn downtown for all but the first time.

I have to get set up in advance of the noon parade as the street is blocked and I start right afterward. I generally play nothing but Irish music for a couple hours, then in intersperse oldies and what-have-you the next three hours.

This is where the parade began, when George and another guy set it up with the idea that people then wouldn't have to go all the way to Chicago or Milwaukee to celebrate.

George also serves some really great all-you-can eat corned beef and cabbage. Last year it was $7.

AN IRISH TOAST

My friends are the best friends
Loyal, willing and able.

Now let's get to drinking!
All glasses off the table!

Make Mine Green. --RoadDog

No comments: