Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, March 13, 2009

On the Moving Trail

I read where the average American moves almost a dozen times in their lifetime and got to wondering how many times I have moved.

I wrote about it in my RoadDog's Roadlog Blog http://roadogsraodlog.blogspot.com.

See March 9th and 10th.

A BRIEF OVERVIEW

I moved a lot as a youngster as Dad was transferred in his rise with Quaker Oats. After birth, I lived in two places, but from age 5 to 11, moved 5 times from Goldsboro to Raleigh NC, then to Jacksonville, Fl, and back to Greenville, NC.

Dad was transferred to the home office in Chicago, so I went to 6th grade in Rolling Meadows, Illinois, and then lived the longest in one place while growing up, Palatine from 7th to freshman year in college.

Then, he was transferred to Atlanta and the family moved there.

COLLEGE DAYS

I went my first two years of college in Dekalb at Northern Illinois University where I lived in a dorm and a fraternity house. Junior year, I transferred to the University of Georgia in Athens. There I lived in two different dorms and a mobile home.

Senior year, I transferred back to NIU and lived in an apartment and for part of the last quarter at Liz's parents' house in Palatine while student teaching.

Just Love That Moving. --RoadDog

No comments: